Posting this month:
• Our roving research reporter conducts a penetrating, mostly mock interview with Spartacus, celebrated
ex-gladiator and rebel icon—Fri., Aug. 6
• 2500 years of the undead: Vampires then and now, with comments from historical novelist Karen Essex, bestselling author of Kleopatra, whose Dracula in Love releases
this month—Tues., Aug. 10
• An eerie evil-eye blog tale for Fri., the 13th of Aug.
• Later in the month, look for: “A Fresh Eye” interview as
we learn how folklorist, author, and toxins expert Adrienne Mayor researches ancient poisons—and notorious poisoners.
• Stump the Sphinx: one-minute mysteries from history,
and other painless diversions—see you here!
Vicki León, historical detective